After 19 years of faithful service and leadership as a U.M. ARMY Regional Director, Jenny Monahan will be retiring after this mission season. The entire U.M. ARMY community will miss her and we will celebrate her ministry later this summer, but today we are announcing the beginning of the search for her replacement. Please see the job description and information below. Please email [email protected] with questions.
U.M. ARMY Regional Director
Rio Texas Region
U.M. ARMY provides Christ centered missions that serve people in need and promote spiritual growth and leadership development in youth and young adults.
The Regional Director is tasked with forming relationships with churches, clergy, laity, and the communities we serve. They facilitate growth in our leadership and ensure that all necessary planning and preparation is completed prior to camp season. This position reports to the Rio Texas Board of Directors, is a part of the staff of the national U.M. ARMY organization, and participates in organizing, planning, and facilitating throughout the Rio Texas geographical boundaries.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Connecting with churches throughout the region regarding participation in U.M. ARMY mission weeks as well as potential host sites
- Visiting potential host churches to better understand the community and the needs of the area
- Setting the calendar for the mission season, including camp dates, ages of participation, camp directors, and locations
- Attending and active participation in monthly regional and national board meetings and weekly staff meetings
- Reporting activities and updates for the Rio Texas region at monthly regional and national board meetings
- Work with various sub-committees of the regional and national boards
- Working with staff, regional board, and national board to set an annual budget for the Rio Texas region of U.M. ARMY
- Working with the Rio Texas regional board to set annual goals for growth and camp participation, including fundraising amounts and board member donations
- Create and distribute marketing communications to churches and individuals across the region
- Attend regional, statewide, and national conferences, as needed, to market U.M. ARMY and recruit new participants
- Ensure all websites are up to date with accurate information regarding upcoming mission opportunities
- Process registrations through the websites and ensure all participants and churches are assigned to the proper mission week
- Facilitate conversations between staff and participating churches and individuals to ensure all fees, documentation, and insurance information is received and properly filed
- Train participating churches, camp directors, and host churches on their roles in the mission week, expectations of their roles and responsibilities, and ensure all questions have been answered
- Pray for all participants, communities, and churches throughout the planning and mission season
This position does involve some travel. Certain times of the year will see increased travel, particularly during the planning and mission seasons.
The chosen candidate will display:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to facilitate conversations with a variety of personalities
- Strong organization skills
- Experience in planning camps, retreats, and/or events
- Familiarity with U.M. ARMY and its mission
- A desire to serve God and others
- A strong spiritual and prayer life
- Confidence in facilitating and leading trainings and meetings
- Willingness to work as a member of a team, as well as an individual
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to recruit, coordinate, and work with volunteers
This position is not limited to a specific locale. Travel will be required around the state of Texas, and possibly other locations as U.M. ARMY deems necessary. However, the chosen candidate will work from their chosen location.
Chosen candidate will utilize personal vehicle for in-state and local travel. Mileage reimbursement will be provided for travel submitted monthly. Payment will be according to the rate specified by the IRS at the time of travel.
Work Schedule Expectation:
This is a full time, salaried position. It is the expectation that the chosen candidate would work 40 hours per week, with the knowledge that certain times of year may cause this to vary.
Compensation package will be commensurate with the experience and expertise of the chosen candidate. Range of $42,000-$50,000 per year.
Interested Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and references to:
Attn: Rio Texas Board of Directors