GOD’S ARMY IS COMING TO THE SUSQUEHANNA CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!
United Methodist Action Reach-out Mission by Youth (U.M. ARMY) is a national youth mission organization that offers summer mission opportunities for youth, young adults and adults across the United States. This summer, due to the travel concerns with the pandemic, U.M. ARMY is offering local mission opportunities for youth groups.
EXCITING NEWS!!! Two of these local models will be hosted in the Susquehanna Conference.
We are looking for churches to join us in this “day camp” model!!! If your church is located within ½ hour or so of the two locations below, this might be just the opportunity you were looking for this summer.
- COVID safety guidelines will be followed to allow an opportunity to meet and serve in the safest way possible
- Experienced mission week leadership coordinates and oversees all aspects of the week
- Morning and evening worship with youth and adults from other churches in our conference
- Daily mission work projects; projects will either be outside or in a social-distance set-up
- Fun, interactive activities to provide opportunities for youth and adults to interact
- Participants will eat breakfast and dinner at their homes (possibility of 1-2 evening picnics provided)
- Participants are asked to bring their own lunch and water supply each day
- Participants will sleep at their own homes each evening
- Each church will be responsible for transportation for their group to and from the host site each day
SUSQUEHANNA CONFERENCE LOCATIONS/DATES
FISHING CREEK SALEM UMC (Goldsboro, PA) – July 18-23
CHRIST UMC (Mt. Top, PA) – July 11-16
The theme this year is GOD @ WORK:CREATING.
Won’t you join us to help share God’s love and experience God’s creation?
NO WORRIES if you live too far away or if these weeks don’t work. U.M. ARMY is also offering virtual opportunities this summer. Contact Darlene Thomas, Regional Director @ [email protected] for more information on the mission week options.